Frequently Asked Questions
What medical conditions qualify me to become a MMMP patient?
Chronic Pain, Irritable Bowel Syndrome or Crohn’s Disease, PTSD, Cancer, Glaucoma, Multiple Sclerosis, nausea or vomiting, epilepsy or an intractable seizure disorder; painful peripheral neuropathy, a central nervous system disorder resulting in chronic, painful spasticity or muscle spasms.
How do I become a patient?
Bloom will be happy to connect you with a local doctor. Click here to start the process. Our doctor clinics are held in Billings and Helena on a monthly basis.
Does Bloom grow and produce its own medicine and products?
Where can I find forms for the MMMP?
Click here: https://dphhs.mt.gov/marijuana/MMPForms.aspx
Where are you located?
Billings: 131 Brickyard Ln Unit 5
East Helena: 3704 Old Highway 12 E
Helena: 7492 Unit A Commerce Ct
Havre: 119 4th Ave
Lewistown: 45 US 191
Who has access to the MMMP registry?
The department of health and human services maintains the MMMP and the registry of patients and doctors. Any law enforcement agency in the state of Montana can request information from the Dept. of Health and Human Services. Employers, physicians, and medical service providers (insurance company, VA, pain clinics) cannot access this list.
Schedule your Doctor's Appointment with BLOOM today!
Things to Know as a MMMP Cardholder in Montana
- You are allowed to possess up to one ounce of medicine at a time.
- Your provider may only sell you up to one ounce of medicine at a time in a 24 hour period.
- You may only name ONE provider to purchase medicine from.
- Your provider may only sell you medicine after your registry card has been received.
- You may change providers by submitting a Change Request Form to the Dept. of Health and Human Services, signed and submitted by your new provider.
- You may NOT take your medicine out of the state.
- You may NOT use your medicine in a public space.
- You may NOT divert your medicine to others, including other registered cardholders.
- Keep your registry card in your possession at all times.
- Your card must be renewed annually, before the expiration date, to remain in good standing. (We suggest making an appointment for renewal 30-45 days before your card expires).