I'm a sucker for a good chocolate chip cookie, but everytime I make a homemade edible I always wish I didn't taste that stereotypical "weedy" flavor. That's where the "Trash" part of this cookie comes in. Adding in something salty and crunchy to a sweet cookie adds a difference in flavor that masks the flavors we don't want. This recipe is formulated specifically for the CBD distillate syringes at a certain concentration; if you do make a substitution, please exercise caution. It's always better to make them too weak than too strong because these cookies are *that* good, it'd be a shame to only eat one.
There are a few little notes in this recipe to ensure you get perfect cookies every single time- I recommend a cookie scoop like one out of this set to get going. It's a good tool to have if you're interested in making your own edibles.
Bake Time: 8-10 Min | Prep Time: 15 min | Makes 24 (1.5 Tablespoon) Cookies or 16 (2.5 Tablespoon) Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 Bloom Montana CBD Distillate Syringe (made into the edible form, not a cartridge and roughly testing around 50-60% CBD)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup pretzels or thick kettle-cooked potato chips, broken up a bit- not crushed
- Sprinkles are optional, but fun
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, CBD distillate syringe and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. About 5 minutes. You really want the mixture to have lightened significantly and fluffed up.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. It should still look a little floury- not entirely mixed.
- Stir in morsels, nuts and pretzels. This can be done by hand. If you stir too much at this point it will lead to a significantly chewier cookie. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Consistency is key, you want every cookie to be even so you don't have different concentrations in your cookies. Spring loaded cookie scoops are great for this purpose and they can be found in most every box store and on amazon.
- Place baking sheet into a freezer for about 10 minutes. This gives the butter a chance to keep the cookies soft and not spread too much. If you like a chewy crunchy cookie, feel free to skip this step.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until a light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 2 dozen bars.
May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (5,200 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.