2 servings | Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Paleo
Originally this recipe was made to be two servings but to be completely honest- it’s a single serving in these cold winter months. This hot chocolate a delightful treat to have when you get off the ski hill for a day or come inside after shoveling the snow- again. It’s that time of year! This recipe helps make the cold mornings that much better and is my personal favorite with a spoon of instant coffee in it in the morning.
- 2 ½ cups (20 ounces) unsweetened almond milk (OR unsweetened soy milk, oat milk, any other unsweetened nut milk or unsweetened coconut milk)
- 2 ½ tablespoons organic unsweetened cocoa powder (OR raw cacao powder)
- 1 tablespoon Bloom Montana THC or CBD honey
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder- (not ground coffee, and this is optional)
- Warm the almond milk on the stove over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Simmer about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk to combine (1-2 minutes).
- Heat another 1-2 minutes and serve immediately.
- Optional: add a small dash of cinnamon on top and serve.